Is your car ready for winter?
As the upcoming season approaches, it’s important to make sure that it’s prepared as much as possible.
Here are a few components you should check as the cooler months begin to settle in:
- Windshield wipers: One of the things that you’ll want to look at are your wiper blades to see if they are streaking on the windshield, or if the ends are cracked or damaged.
- Windshield washer fluid: You’ll want to take a look at your washer fluid to make sure it’s set for the correct temperature levels. Around here, – 20 is good.
- Antifreeze: Check your antifreeze level and also the protection level of the antifreeze. Just because it may look green, or red, or blue – depending on the car – you actually want to make sure that the temperature protection level is good.
- Car battery: Check the level in the battery, make sure that it’s alright. Some of them don’t have a way you can check the water, but you can actually have a little eyelet that shows green or red if it’s good.
- Tire pressure: It’s a great time to check your tire pressure. It’s OK to run maybe 1 pound extra, just for the temper variation with the Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS), trying to keep that light out as the temperature drops.
- Lights: With it getting dark as early as it is right now, it’s a great time to check the lights, but especially your headlights – making sure that they’re working and that the lenses are clear.
Feel free to call HomeTowne Auto Repair & Tire if you have any questions.
HomeTowne Auto Repair & Tire is an authorized Michelin and BFGoodrich tire dealer located in Woodbridge, Virginia. Automotive repair services are performed on all makes and models, including oil changes, brakes, alignments, inspections, and computer engine diagnostics.